Tuesday, March 29, 2016

First Exchange - 3.28.16

I conducted my first companion exchange this week with Elder Western of the Pekin West area. He is being trained right now so it was fun to be around a younger missionary. He has a lot of enthusiasm and wants to talk to everyone and share the gospel. I was thinking back to how and what I was when I began my mission. It's amazing what the Lord can do with raw materials, he can shape them any ways he wants/needs to. It's great to look back and see the gradual change from the first to the second, the second to the third, and the continuation of becoming and striving to be the fourth missionary.

I've learned a lot this week. The biggest is to not put off counsel you receive from leaders. A few things have come together where I have realized (Do you not realize I have had diarrhea since Easters?* There's a little Easter joke for ya) the importance of heading counsel given by those who you are under stewardship. I was talking to President Griffin in an interview about 5 or 6 months and I was telling him about some struggles I had and about things that were going on in our area. He suggested I read the talk that I have attached to this email, The Fourth Missionary. I said okay, he sent it to me for me to read, and then I brushed it off or forgot. Well he sent it out to the whole mission just a little bit ago and I reminded me that I never read it. But then again I forgot. Only just the last couple weeks have I read and studied it and it has made a huge difference. I wish I would have read it before when he counseled me to. I can imagine the vast difference it would have made. But nevertheless I am where I am today and I can't change the past. Through the grace of Christ I can and will change. (You should all read "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox)

We had an awesome lesson with Rita and Crystal. We taught them the plan of salvation based on a few questions that they had. They are now on date for April 30! Everyone pray that they will keep that date and that Crystal's boyfriend Joey will want to be baptized as well. He is always there for the lessons, but doesn't want to even read or anything, but I think he's softening a little bit.

The branch life still is weird. There aren't a whole lot of members to call upon when we need someone to come to a lesson with us. I'm beginning to feel a little better about being here after
reading/singing hymn 270 everyday.

I gave sister Lynch a blessing yesterday. She is confined to an old folks home. It was the most powerful blessing I've ever given. It was awesome (:

Hope ya had a great Easter Sunday and have a good week.

Ps we are going to the Nauvoo temple next Tuesday so our preparation day will be moved. So no one get scared when they don't hear from me (;

Pps Remember to laugh and I'll try real hard to get a funny story this week.

*Elder Williford had never seen Nacho Libre. I have basically quoted him the entire movie and he thinks it's hilarious. He said that's the first thing he's going to watch when he goes home. I have succeeded.
Elder Scherer :Long Live the 3 er's:



 Golf ball size hail from the tornado

Warnings from the tornado






No comments:

Post a Comment