Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Canton: Week 2 3.14.16

I made it another week here in little canton. This was better than last. I'm starting to get a better understanding of the area and the members. I've offended a few of the members this week. I've discovered that many don't even read the Book of Mormon. I've been challenging them to read it and telling them how important it is. I've been trying to be more bold; I really don't feel like I've been overbearing. If they're offended, then they need to repent according to president Brigham Young.

We found 3 new investigators: Robert, John, and Carolyne. Robert was a former investigator that we stopped by and he let us in. He has a lot of struggles and didn't fail to let us know ALL of his sins. Haha John Moore was a media referral from a long time ago that showed up again in our areabook as uncontacted. We went there and I remembered I actually contacted this same guy almost a year ago when I was serving in Galesburg and went on an exchange with a district leader to canton. Carolyne we met when we were going to an appointment with a less active family. That appointment fell through and right across the street there was a family outside playing bean bag toss. We talked to a guy named Jeff. He said to come back on Tuesday so we did and he was asleep, but his mom, Carolyne, answered and said we could talk to her. We taught her again on Saturday and she is on date for baptism for April 23!!!

She came in on Saturday to teach Carolyne and she said as we were walking in, "I was baptized in the baptist church and I'm gonna stay." Without thinking I just walked right in her house past her and said, "that's okay Carolyne, we'll just read the pamphlet we gave you last time" and sat on her couch. Well we didn't so much as crack open the pamphlet! Haha we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and put her on date. She said she knew Joseph smith was a prophet and knew it was
true. We just fractured her testimony of her other church so she tried to justify it back to herself by saying she was baptist.

We had a pretty intense lesson with brother Goldsmith, who is preparing to go to the temple. He doesn't believe in a lot of the doctrines of the church including the fall of man, or Adam and Eve in
general he doesn't believe. I am in no position to make the judgement, but he is totally not ready for the temple. His home teacher went with us and was even saying a lot of false doctrine about Adam and Eve. It was just a bad scenario. They both get the Golden Helmet Award.

I gave a talk on Sunday. It went pretty well I think. I was supposed to talk about missionary work, which I did, but I used the latter portion of it to talk specifically about the Book of Mormon and the doctrinal restoration. I ended with, "Joseph and Hyrum Smith did not give their lives so we could tell the other Christians that we're just like them."

Elder Scherer
:Long Live the 3 er's:

No comments:

Post a Comment