Tuesday, February 2, 2016

St Charles 2.1.16

I've been pondering the meaning of 2 Nephi 28:30. 30 For behold, thus
saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon
line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and
blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto
my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I
will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from
them shall be taken away even that which they have.
I've put some thought into what is meant by the last portion. If we do
not use or apply or exercise the knowledge that has been given to us,
it will be taken away from us. When we learn a principle or a
doctrine, and don't apply it, we lose it. Just as with math I suppose;
when we learn a new mathematical principle and then take the test and
never use it again, we lose it. The Lord will bless us with knowledge
line upon line, precept upon precept. We have to lay down the
foundation and build upon that each time the Holy Ghost reveals
something new to us, or it will fade away. 

 We did some service for the food pantry in West Chicago again on
Saturday. I love helping the people that come there. Mosiah 2:17

We had great lessons with Chakita and Angel. Chakita didn't come to
church, again... No one did this week. Bummer! Haha
The spirit was very strong in both of these lessons. We had members
help us teach both of them and both the members afterward thanked us
for bringing them along. If you want to feel the spirit in your life,
go out with the missionaries! Or even better, do your own missionary
work and give the missionaries referrals (;

I've spend a considerable amount of time studying about the apostasy
and the restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith this week. I
feel like the more you study the apostasy, the greater the light of
the restoration becomes. I spent a lot of time in 1 Nephi 13, 2 Nephi
3, and Jesus the Christ ch. 40-41.

One of the days this week I stepped in a puddle and it drenched my
entire foot. It was also 15 degrees outside. But we kept on tracting
for the next 3 hours(: gotta love it!

It rained last Monday and then froze by Tuesday morning. It was like
walking on an ice rink all day. We probably fell like 8 times each.

The gospel is true.



Elder Scherer

 Elder Hadlock and our awesome bean bag.


Flashback to the first day at the MTC with Elder Frehner. My suit is not that loose on me anymore... On a good day I can get the button closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment