Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Week in St. Charles


Merry Christmas!

I hope we all can take the time to reflect on the Savior and his birth. I know I have felt the true spirit of Christmas this season as we have talked to countless people about the Savior and his Atonement. 
Alma 7:10-14

This week has proved to be a little better than the last. We are getting more acquainted with the ward. The wards are always so strong and the members are awesome up here in the north part of the mission, but the work is generally a little slower because people are more affluent. Elder Jepsen and I have been impressed upon by the Holy Ghost to seek after the Lost Sheep, namely the less active and inactive members of the church. We taught a host of them this previous week and have seen some success in that effort.

The temperature has begun to drop. The lowest I saw this week was 12*. I had to actually put on my gloves and button my jacket... Elder Jepsen is just shivering his life away. I just love the cold, it separates the weak from the strong. I found a brand new, unopened can of Stephen's candy cane cocoa in the cupboard. No one can tell me God's not watching out for us.

I broke out the bike again. It's been about 10 months since I rode that baby. I've got a sore bottom and sore legs. Shimano needs to sign a deal with LA-Z-BOY and figure out how to make a comfortable seat.

I prayed in sacrament meeting. That was the first time ever. It was weird I felt like everyone was staring at me, but every time I peeked their eyes were closed. It was an odd feeling.

Alma 13:20
The scriptures are before you, if ye will wrest them it shall be to your own destruction.

Study the scriptures and look to Christ for they contain the words of eternal life.  I love Peter's question to the Savior in response to His question will ye also go away?, Lord to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of Eternal life. If there's one thing I want everyone to know is that I have a deep love for the words of our God as given by his holy prophets.

Have a very merry Christmas everyone!


Elder Scherer




This is St. Charles. 

Pretty small house...
There was one of our cards taped up on the wall of some apartments so
that's neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment