Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Naperville 1.19.15

Dear family,

How are you guys? Thank you for all the support and prayers. I really appreciate them. This has been a better week. 

We have been meeting with members and trying to get them excited about talking to people. We've been showing a clip from one of elder ballards talks about following up and asking members to invite someone to hear from the missionaries once a quarter. Hopefully we will start seeing some referrals come from that.

Some cool things that happened this week, we went out to lunch with brother ranchero to a Chicago pizza place. He's Filipino and probably the worlds best member. He spends at least 5+ hours going out with us each week. He's a ward missionary and he really helps us a lot, especially when we don't have a car. Anyways he ordered fried calamari for an appetizer. So I ate squid this week. And we went to the church one day for something and there are always cops there cause our church is on a pretty busy street, we went over and gave the cops a Mormon.org card! 

I came across a great talk by Elder Holland. He, along with Elder Bednar, is my favorite apostle. It was his talk from the 2009 October general conference, Safety For The Soul. It's good when you read it, but if you listen to it, it makes it that much better. I love that talk and the testimony he bears in it. I, along with him, want it perfectly clear when I stand before the judgement bar of God that I told the world of the truth of the Book of Mormon.

Just want to remind you that it is in our mission rules to have parents, family, and friends send letters and packages to the mission office and not to our apartment. It's not that big of a deal, but it's just in our rules and I want to make sure I'm following them. I appreciate the card you sent me, mom. It was great.

I'm writing this in the waiting room of a hair cut place. We are with the Spanish elders on our way down to Joliet to play some basketball with the zone leaders. We didn't have any money on our laundry cards this morning and no cash to put on them but we went to Walmart to do our shopping and got some cash back. But I don't know when we are going to get around to doing laundry today. Maybe we'll just have to go a week without it. Haha we just ate at Taco Bell. 

Love and miss all of you! Have a good week and look for opportunities to share the gospel. Remember Elder Ballard reminds us to replace our fear with real faith. 

Love,
Elder Scherer

No comments:

Post a Comment