Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Naperville Dec 22, 2014


Hi Family and Friends,

This was a pretty exciting week! We were able to share the gospel with a few people and it was awesome! Not everyone received our message as well as I would have hoped, but it gave me an opportunity to share what I know and for me to feel the spirit and share my testimony. My testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the prophet Joseph Smith has increased so much. The more I share it the deeper it gets. I love learning about the stories of the Book of Mormon and I love learning the gospel principles that God reveals through his prophets.

We were able to meet a few people this week who were interested, but we cannot go back until after the holidays. We had a great lesson last night with a man named Dennis that we met last week. He is a Sunday school teacher for an African American Methodist church. He didn't seem that interested in us teaching him last week but we gave him a Book of Mormon because he wanted to know what we believed. But when we came back yesterday he was pretty receptive and willing to read the Book of Mormon. We taught him the restoration last night, and k said that he believes that God could call another prophet. He believes that Joseph Smith could have seen a vision and it's totally possible. He would need a reason to believe that he was a prophet, which is totally understandable. So we told him that the Book of Mormon is that proof that Joseph was a prophet of God. He said he will read. I was able to bear my testimony to him about the truth of the things we taught him and I bore witness that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and indeed another testament of Jesus Christ.

The more things we do, the more the words of President Fenn make sense. He often says, "Missionary work is a series of disappointing moments occasionally (he puts a lot of emphasis on the occasionally) interrupted by small moments of indescribable joy." And that has been so true because a lot of it's hard and frustrating, but when something good happens it makes everything else seem worth it.

I love you and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Love, Elder Scherer

No comments:

Post a Comment