Monday, November 17, 2014

MTC November 17, 2014

My companion is great, he knows a lot about the gospel, he knows a lot of scriptures which has come in handy as we have been teaching some progressive investigators. I am already staring to feel the love the savior has for me and i am developing a great love for him as well. The days kinda seem like eons, but it's okay. we just sit in a classroom for about 12 hours a day. so it's really boring, but i have gotten to know the scriptures a lot better already. We had the opportunity to attend the temple this morning, it was a great session and i loved it. Last night there was a big devotional and it was really good. Sarah Woodmansee actually said the closing prayer for it! i have seen a lot of people i know actually. I've seen Matt Daines, Sarah Woodmansee, Ryan Listen, Brea Stokes, and i haven't seen him yet, but i guess Garrett Alton is here too. so it has been really good see people i know. We got to watch a Joseph Smith movie last night after all the meetings were over. I really felt the spirit and i got so emotional when at the end it played the hymn "Praise to the Man". it really strengthened my testimony about the prophet Joseph Smith. i know he was a true prophet and he was the prophet of the restoration. i feel it so strong in my heart that i just want to share it with everyone. i know the savior died for me to help me return to god through the power of the atonement. Just after lunch today we gave all the sisters in our district blessings, that was a really neat experience. the first couple days here were hard and all i could think about was how long 2 years is going to be, how much is going to change during that time. it is hard to think about, even now, but i know i am doing what i should be doing and i know i will be blessed if i serve diligently. i know my redeemer lives, i know he is there for everyone and he wants them to feel of his love.

Love Elder Scherer


No comments:

Post a Comment