Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1.18.16 - Sickness and cold

Well it's time for transfers again. I am staying in good ol St.
Charles, but I'm getting a new companion, Elder Hadlock. I've never
met him before so it will be interesting to see how he is.

I've been sick since Thursday. I've been taking all kinds of different
stuff to try to get it out of me. DayQuil, NyQuil, Zicam, Emergen-C,
Airborne, and that's just the stuff I remember! I also tried a netty
pot. Basically what you do is tilt your head to the side and pour warm
salt water into one of your nostrils and let it flow up and around
and out the other one. It pushes all the snot out! It's pretty neat.
Another missionary told me about it. Sometimes it goes down into your
mouth and you gag, so you try not to do that. Haha

Well we handed Wilfrido off to the Spanish missionaries this week. We
had a couple lessons where both sets of missionaries were there. He's
still on date for February 13, but he is still struggling to come to
church.

We didn't see Oscar Rodriguez or Chakita at church either so that was
a bummer ): seems like all of our investigators have been dropping
like flies this week. I don't know where that expression came from,
I've never actually seen a fly drop... But anyways it seems we're
almost back to square one as far as investigators go. But we've seen a
lot of great success with the less active members in this area. We
have a lot of great member support in this area.

There's a member here who owns a restaurant and there's a dessert
called the kitchen sink. It was super good!
Tender mercy of the week: brother Harman, who does cross fit and we
talk about it a lot, gave me his protein!!! He's only used it twice
and he just gave it to me! (: (:
Oh and we also got hit this week while we were stopped at a light. It
happened around 3 and it took up almost the whole rest of the day
dealing with it. But everything is fine (: I kinda shocked that it
actually happened. I had to turn to elder Jepsen and ask if we really
had just gotten hit. It was really funny.
The warmest point of yesterday was 0* so yay for Illinois winters.
Wind chill of -18*

Love to all

Elder Scherer

 





No comments:

Post a Comment