Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Morton New Companion 9.21.15


So I got my new companion this week. His name is Elder Wells. He's
from Las Vegas, Nevada. He gets some ridiculous jokes from everyone.
At a baptismal service for the sisters investigator, brother Mensinger
found out he was from Vegas and you could tell he really wanted to
make a joke. Elder Wells was wearing an argil tie, so bro. Mensinger
said that little space right there looks like a place for a quarter in
the slot machine. It was ridiculous how hard he tried to force that
joke... hahaha 

 We found a few new people to teach this week. I quoted Katy Perry in
a lesson. It was amazing. We were talking about how sometimes if we
stand up for our faith then we will sometimes have to stand alone. We
showed a video from President Monson's talk when he was saying how in
the Navy he had to stand alone because he was LDS. I said, "A quote
from Sister Perry comes to mind, 'I stood for nothing, so I fell for
everything'. So we need to reverse that and if we stand for something,
we won't fall for anything." They thought it was so profound and
didn't pick up that I quoted her. Speaking of Sister Perry, there used
to be a picture of her in the Walmart here, but they took it down ): 

 So this week I grew a testimony of prayer. I have been feeling pretty
stupid the last couple weeks. So I thought I would buy a Rubik's cube
to prove to myself that I am smart. Well I had forgotten how to solve
the dumb thing and I couldn't figure it out, so I said to myself,
"Self, you should pray." So I did what I counseled myself to do and I
still couldn't figure it out...



So you're now saying to yourself, "Okay Garrett that was a stupid
story, your prayer didn't even get answered?" I'm not finished. So It
was like 5 days and I still couldn't figure it out. Then transfers
came and I got my new companion, Elder Wells. Well turns out he
competed in Rubik's cube tournaments around the U.S. So he taught me
how to solve it. So moral of the story, the same thing that everyone
always says, but you don't ever figure it out til it happens to you:
God does not answer our prayers how we think He will, but He does
answer them!

That's what happened to me this week. Someone go like my baptism
picture on Facebook, I got 99 likes and I need to get 100 to feel
accomplished. haha Love you all! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!(;  

G. Franklin Scherer 
1319 Butterfield Rd Suite 522 
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
USA







I found a ton of old cereal to feed the ducks on our lake



We did a service project at the Morton pumpkin festival. #swag

I held a ball python at the Mickelson's house. It's like 4 feet long.

No comments:

Post a Comment