Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Morton 9.14.15 - Margaret

So yes everything went according to plan and Sister Margaret got baptized! I've never seen someone so happy. It was an amazing experience. She was just glowing she was so happy. She was excited to be confirmed as well. I had the privilege of leading the music at the baptismal service. It was pretty fun, I tried to make it look all fancy with huge arm motions like I knew what I was doing. I've led singing before! i know how to do all of them 2/2 2/4 3/4 4/4 6/8 you name it! I wish they would have let me have a wand or something! haha 

So I also had great joy this week. I found out that Philip Meyers, the 9 year old I was working with in Galesburg whose baptism fell through twice on me, got baptized a couple weeks ago and I didn't even know. The worst part is, is that I would have been able to go to his baptism since I am still in the stake, but they just never let me know. 

So Jo came up from Galesburg and took us to Cracker Barrel! It was so awesome, but even better being able to see her again. It was a great treat. haha I have never eaten at Cracker Barrel before and then this week I ate there twice! Once with Jo, the other for a district lunch. If you go there, get the Mama's French Toast with black berries. 

Transfers are this week. So I am staying in Morton. I will be getting a pretty new missionary, Elder Wells. I don't know who he is. The assistants said he would need my "leadership abilities" so apparently they think I have some of those.  I don't know anything about him other than he has red hair. So I am going from a black companion to a pale white one... Elder Boulton will be going up to the Naperville Stake in the Prestberry ward. I think I spelled that wrong..


I went on exchanges with the zone leaders this past week. A couple funny things happened when I was with Elder Pierre. On the way back to my area, we both had to pee so we went to McDonald's and I went into the stall and some guy just walked in on me. I was just like stunned and I couldn't think of any words to say besides "uh.. hey..?" We both walked out laughing it was funny. Oh and I ran a red light on accident. I was turning left and I was sitting there for like 30 seconds waiting then I guess I just decided that I had been there too long so I looked left and right and I was clear so I just went. Then when we came to the next light Elder Pierre was just like so you just ran a red light and I was like no I didn't? I don't know where my mind went, but I just decided to go. At least I checked both ways (;

That's pretty much everything that happened this week! love you all!

G. Franklin Scherer
1319 Butterfield Rd Suite 522
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment