Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 4th festivities

heres my 4th of july festivities
first ones akai, zuzu, dudi, and zephie chillin with their balloons. then theres me, dont look at my face the sun was bright and i also smiled like a retard and also i didnt get my hand inside my pocket fast enough so i look like a crooked wack nut. but the one in the chair is anthony and the one in the tank top is raymond. probably the greatest people ive ever met. we had a barbecue are their house for a while. its a mix of both of their kids and some nephews. their wives were both inside. we talked to all of them about how because of the independence of america the restoration was made possible because it was the only free country at the time where they had religious freedom. tito, one of raymonds sons, had a little toy gun and he pointed it at me. I said, "do it, shoot me tito. everybody gon respect the shooter, but the one in front of the gun lives forever." Raymond, who was cooking, dropped the spatula, looked at me with his eyes wide, and came over and gave me a hug. he said, "i love kendrick lamar and you just made my day cause you know that song." It was sick (: 
then we went out the hendricksons farm and had another barbecue and made a bon fire. it was so hot! it was amazing. i took a sweet video of me starting it on fire, but i cant send videos home so youll have to wait for forever til i return. it was tough trying to go to sleep that night while everyone was shooting off fireworks. seemed like every time one burst, my heart burst along with it. i love the 4th and im so sad i had to miss it!
the two people we had on date for baptism are now no longer meeting with us. so we have nothing really going on right now. i guess that means theres a lot of opportunities to find new people. 

Yesterday I had an amazing spiritual experience. At the end of sacrament meeting we sang "Battle Hymn of the Republic". As we sang the very last line, "Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on." every single hair on my body stood straight up and I felt overcome with the spirit as I almost yelled the words, his truth is marching on!!!! This work is going to progress with or without me, so I either need to get out of the way, or jump on the train. I wanna get on the train and help this work progress. God's truth is here and I, we, are a part of it. It was incredible. The spirit is so great. 

have a good week everyone







G. Franklin Scherer

1319 Butterfield Rd. Suite 522
Downers Grove, IL 60515
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment